WordPress developer jobs
Fully remote – Flexible hours – Immediate start
Tall Projects provides digital services to membership organisations and associations.
We need experienced software engineers to join our small, growing team. You will architect, develop and maintain digital technology stacks for membership organisations.
About the role
The role will involve:
- The architecture, development and optimisation of non-trivial WordPress websites, integrated with various third-party systems.
- Developing supporting software to enable our clients to succeed, e.g. AWS Lambda functions; Zapier integrations.
- Ownership of the development, testing and deployment of your code.
This role requires significantly more than installing and configuring WordPress and plugins. It is essential you have strong software engineering skills and the ability to apply those to meet the needs of users.
Tall Projects’ technology stack is based around the following tools:
- WordPress websites for content management, member joining/renewals/self-service and transactions. Our WordPress builds usually include:
- Bespoke design and theme development (including Gutenberg blocks)
- Gravity Forms (plus various add-ons)
- Custom post types/taxonomy
- Custom-developed plugins (e.g. for SheepCRM integration; client-specific requirements)
- WP Engine hosting, with changes deployed via git
- SheepCRM as the membership data system
- Mailchimp for broadcast email
- Stripe for card payments; GoCardless/EazyCollect for Direct Debit payments; Xero for payment via invoice
- Google Sheets with custom scripts for bespoke reports and dashboards
- Zapier and AWS Lambda to support additional workflows / integrations
This is a permanent/long-term remote working opportunity. Location is not important provided you are able to work productively during UK business hours.
This can be a full-time or part-time role. The minimum commitment is 15hrs per week. Please detail your preferred working pattern in the application form.
- Deep knowledge of the WordPress platform, ecosystem, coding standards and how to extend WordPress correctly with bespoke code
- Strong understanding and experience of OO PHP programming within WordPress
- Experience with our preferred plugins and technology stack
- Experience of creating bespoke WordPress themes, plugins and plugin add-ons from scratch
- Ability to code robust, fault-tolerant integrations against RESTful APIs
- Rigorous testing, including cross-browser, cross-device, end-to-end workflows
- Fluent written and spoken English
- You have reliable IT and a fast internet connection
Desirable extra skills
- Strong UX skills
- AWS experience, primarily Lambda functions, SES and S3
- Salesforce experience, including automated workflows and Process Builder
- Exceptional eye for detail – data precision, performance and accuracy are important to you
- Super-organised with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Confidence in researching your own solutions and being able to justify your decisions
- People, processes and outcomes excite you just as much as (if not more than) the underlying technology
- Appetite for learning and continuous improvement
- An interest in building the business together and delighting our customers
No agencies / outsourcing companies
This role is specifically for individuals who will join our core team.
We are not looking to work with agencies / remote development teams. Please only apply if you will be doing all the work as yourself.
About Tall Projects
Tall Projects is fully remote business. We are currently a small core team, and work with a few trusted freelancers who deliver specific task-based work such as website design.
The company is a commercial operation with strong people-focussed values:
- Relationships over transactions
- Outcomes and impact over inputs
- Life-enabling, not life-consuming
- Opinionated yet adaptable
- Do what is right for the customer
See Tall Projects vision and values for more information.