Technical account manager
Remote, part-time freelance role with opportunity to grow
Tall Projects provides digital services to membership organisations and associations. We work as an extension of our clients: building, integrating, maintaining and optimising websites, membership databases, payment systems and communication tools.
Business is growing and I now require a technical account manager to join me on the move to the next level.
Tasks you'll be doing include:
- Answering technical and operational queries from our customers
- Planning, implementing, testing and maintaining connections between various internet systems
- Managing complex web content
- Producing bespoke reports based on multiple datasets (think SQL queries, CSV exports and pivot tables)
- Leading regular task-oriented video calls with customers.
This could be the ideal role for you if:
- You enjoy using technology to solve interesting challenges
- People, processes and outcomes excite you just as much as (if not more than) the underlying technology
- You are super-organised, perhaps having a technical project management background
- Selecting, configuring and using multiple cloud-based tools, plus WordPress, is second nature to you
- You thrive in a professional family business culture, and you know what that means.
To succeed in this role:
- You can work independently without supervision
- You keep in regular contact without prompting
- You have reliable IT and a fast internet connection that you are able to maintain yourself.
This is a remote, part-time position intended for an independent contractor / freelancer. It is ideal if you want challenging work that fits a flexible schedule, for example around school hours.
We'll start you with one client where you'll become a core member of their team. There is plenty of opportunity for this role to grow quickly by working with multiple clients, leading new projects and in other aspects of the business if you desire.
It is 100% location independent, although your working hours must overlap with UK business hours.
Closing date for applications is 5pm GMT Friday 15 March 2019.
Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions about this role.
How many hours per week is ‘part-time’?
I expect around 5 to 10 hours per week initially.
My focus is on finding the right person rather than prescribing a set number of hours. I want someone I can trust and who does a fantastic job – a safe pair of hands with whom to grow the business. We will maintain an open conversation to find the level of commitment that works well for both of us.
Please note in the application form if you have any specific requests in this regard.
Could this job be done outside normal working hours?
All clients are currently UK-based so you need to be available during normal UK working hours.
I am also a strong believer in a healthy work-life balance. I would feel uncomfortable if you were doing this on top of a full working week.